Create a Catchy Intro!
How many times have you received a new message from a possible date with the words “Hi” “Hey” or “How are you?” Probably too many times to count! It’s time to spice it up! Do you want to stand out from the crowd or do you want to blend in with the rest of the millions of singles online? That’s why I created this Become Your Own Matchmaker Online Dating Series so that you can date successfully and stand out above all the rest!
In today’s tip I’m going to share with you a few tips on how to create an introduction that stands out. Remember you only have 7 seconds to make a great 1st impression and usually only have ONE chance to get someone to respond back. So it’s important to make that introduction catchy, cute and NOT creepy!
When writing a stellar introduction it’s important to remember a few tricks.
- Use proper grammar. Bad grammar online is a turn off. Including texting slang and abbreviations. Stay away from ur, u, wat, r, yo and everything in between.
- An introduction should not focus on physical compliments. You might think it’s a nice to send compliments like “You’re gorgeous” or “Hey sexy” but it looks like you’re focusing on physical traits more than getting to know someone for who they are as a person. Especially if you’re a guy sending this to a girl often it makes women feel a little creeped out because we wonder is that your pick up line for all girls. Are you just focusing on someone for their looks or do you really want to get to know me as a person?
- Don’t use the horrible H’s, the “Hi” “Hey” or “How are you?” This is your time to get their attention. Instead of the normal hi and how are you’s ask a creative question. This will up your chances of them actually reading your message and getting a response.
- Most important be flirty & confident! When you radiate with friendliness, fun and common respect (without using Hey Sexy) you’re more likely to get responses from high quality dates.
Want a list of creative introductions and more ideas on how to be successful with online dating? Sign up for my Become Your Own Matchmaker: Online Dating Series Course HERE!
Keep it Short & Simple
It’s Day 2 of Flirty & Fabulous Online Dating! Today we are still focusing on 1st impressions. When someone lands on your profile page you have less than 7 seconds to make a stellar first impression. It’s important to keep your online dating profile sweet and simple. You don’t want to bore your potential date before there’s even a date! You want them to be intrigued and curious to learn more about you. So the next Flirty & Fabulous Online Dating Tip is to keep your profile sweet & simple!
Here are a few tips to make a great first impression and get a potential dates attention.
- What is your profile saying about you? At first glance what does your profile represent? Is it cute & catchy or does it have TOO much information? It’s important to keep your profile to one or two paragraphs. Leave room for some mystery. If you tell your life story in your profile it can bore the reader and/or it leaves less to build an engaging conversation.
- Keep it Short. Write a paragraph or two highlighting a few things about your personality and what you’re looking for. Don’t give away the whole farm! Focus on a few interesting facts about yourself that would want someone to learn more details about you.
- Keep it catchy & cute. I read the cutest online profile from a guy that highlighted his interesting facts with pretend reviews. For example a couple of the reviews said, “One of my favorite guys.” Mom “Incredible rock climber and master ping pong player.” Dave -Best friend since 2nd grade. It was different, catchy and cute! Do something out of the ordinary to spice up your profile and make it stand out. Let your personality shine!
- No negativity. And last but not least stay away from all forms of negativity on your profile. Don’t talk about your ex, your past bad dating experiences or why you can’t believe you’re on online dating. Keep your profile upbeat and fun! You’ll attract what you put out there. No one likes a negative Nancy. Remember the saying misery breeds company. You don’t want a miserable date!
Let me know how putting these tips into place changes your dating game! Remember what is your profile saying about you? If you’re not sure change it up if you’re not getting results and see what works for you. Or take advantage of our online dating makeover package here! We’ll get your profile standing out above the rest with our team of dating experts and specialists. Stay tuned for more great online dating tips coming your way!
Make Sure Your Pictures are On Point
Have you heard the saying first impressions are everything? It’s true! Especially in the world of online dating. You literally have a few seconds to make a great first impression and have someone click on your profile. Not only do you want people to click on your profile, you want the right people to click on your profile!
- Your pictures need to tell a story of who you are. Post photos that show your personality, your hobbies, what you like to do on the weekends. Do you like rock climbing? Post a photo of you climbing. It might spark a conversation with someone with similar interests and it shows you have an exciting life.
- Make sure the pictures are current! There’s nothing worse than showing up to a date expecting someone 10 years younger. Be truthful about who you are. You don’t want someone to feel lied to, the date won’t go in your favor.
- Don’t show too much skin! There’s nothing worse than seeing a picture of a man flexing in the mirror with his nasty toliet behind him. And ladies keep it classy! If you’re showing too much boob in the profile picture you’re going to attract all kinds of sleezy men. Don’t be surprised when they show up to the date wanting one thing and I’m not talking about a committed relationship.
- Post 3-5 current pictures on your profile. There’s no need to overload your profile with too much information. Keep some of your life a mystery so there’s lots to talk about at the date!
Let me know how the above tips work for you in your online profile! For more online dating tips check out my Online Dating Webinar here.
Join us for our Holiday Party! Looking for things to do in Louisville? A night full of fun while sipping on cocktails & mingling with local singles! The Dating Boutique is hosting a night full of mingling with local singles plus get dating tips from nationally recognized matchmaker, Amanda Rose! The entire Dating Boutique team will be there to answer all your questions about dating & finding love.
Tickets are limited and will sell out.
Ticket price includes admission and light appetizers! Event will be held in the private event room of Bourbon Raw. Register today HERE!